Miniscribe drive - quick advice

William Davidsen davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Wed Jul 26 06:19:00 AEST 1989

In article <317 at csense.UUCP> bote at csense.UUCP (John Boteler) writes:

| I am posting this article using a 386 system with a 1166 cylinder
| Priam hard disk drive, partitioned into 33MB DOS  and the rest
| for Xenix. I guess it is working. Note: this is an ST-506 interface,
| but the DTC6280 utilizes ESDI.

  Is this a special version of Xenix? My impression was that Xenix only
went to 1024 cylinders. Or have you set your controller to do some
mapping so that the disk looks like more {heads,sectors} and fewer
cylinders?
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen