Cartridge Tape Units

Quentin_Conner qac at occrsh.ATT.COM
Sat Jul 29 04:05:27 AEST 1989

jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:

>louis at cs.AthabascaU.CA (Louis Schmittroth) writes:

>>I might consider the Archive QIC 60 model ST600 Fastape which
>>comes with a controller for my AT bus, but I don't know if that
>>includes the Xenix driver, or if Xenix already has a driver.

I have the Archive Fastape model 60 and SCO 386 2.2.1 which came
with a driver installable via the link kit and 'mkdev tape'.  But,
it will not write in the high density format.  I.e. 60Mb on a 600
foot tape.

>The drivers for the Archive are built into Xenix by SCO.  I am running this
>drive, and on Xenix 2.3.2 it goes like a bandit.  SCO has supported the Archive
>for a long time now.

I wonder if the driver from release 2.3.2 will work with 2.2.1 or
maybe I need to order an update from SCO.  (probably prohibitively expensive)

Quentin Conner
qac at occrsh.att.com
att!occrsh!qac