Cartridge Tape Units

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Thu Jul 27 00:07:19 AEST 1989

louis at cs.AthabascaU.CA (Louis Schmittroth) writes:

>So, I am looking for replacements, and willing to spend some more
>money.  What is the concensus on cartridge tape units.  In each
>case I can live with a 40MB unit, and if it takes 20 minutes to
>write a tape that is OK too.

>I might consider the Archive QIC 60 model ST600 Fastape which
>comes with a controller for my AT bus, but I don't know if that
>includes the Xenix driver, or if Xenix already has a driver.

The drivers for the Archive are built into Xenix by SCO.  I am running this
drive, and on Xenix 2.3.2 it goes like a bandit.  SCO has supported the Archive
for a long time now.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon