Xenix 2.3 and MS-DOS 3.3 - together?

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Sun Jul 2 01:30:18 AEST 1989

In article <24AA27B0.512 at ateng.com> chip at ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
(dos boot problems deleted - wjv)

>If the Xenix partition is active and the Boot prompt appears, typing "dos"
>doesn't get to DOS.  And when we use Xenix "fdisk" to make the DOS partition
>active, >nothing< gets booted.  A clue is that the DOS partition shows up
>as partition #4, even though it was created first; but we don't know why.

Don't have 3.2 yet, but a comment on the above.  Have you tried booting under
DOS (from floppy) and looking at the partition with fdisk.

I have also noted that if under DOS the DOS partition is always 1, but under
Xenix it is always 4.

To verify I just booted the '386 next to this terminal.  Under DOS's fdisk DOS
is partition 1 and Xenix is partition 2.  Reboot under Xenix and Xenix is
partion 1 and DOS is 4.  This is normal.  Maybe the file  dos   under /
is broken.  You might try copying that from your earlier verison.  Of course
doing all this be sure you have backups, right :-).

bill
--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP