disks with DOS partitions/SCO 286Xenix

glenn ford glenn at ocsmd.ocs.com
Mon Jul 10 23:46:04 AEST 1989

In article <1534 at compugen.> john at compugen.UUCP (John Beaudin) writes:
>I have a 2 hard drive system. DOS partition 'C'/Xenix on 1 drive, & DOS
>partition 'D' on the other. While I can use the 'dos*' utilities from Xenix
>to access files on 'C', I'm not sucessful in accessing files from 'D'. If
>this is commonly possible, what are the pre-requisites?

Try doing a dosdir d:, or try reading the raw device directly.  I had
the same problem, and using 'd:' worked OK until I bought a miniscribe
71 meg that required a device driver to be loaded BEFORE you could see
the DOS partition.  Now all I can do is Xfer DOS files to floppage, boot
Xenix, and then dos* off 'x:'.  It stinks, but can't figure out a better
way!

Glenn Ford

..uunet!ocsmd!stsim!glenn