disks with DOS partitions/SCO 286Xenix

Tim Kuehn timk at egvideo.UUCP
Mon Jul 10 14:00:00 AEST 1989

In article <1534 at compugen.> john at compugen.UUCP (John Beaudin) writes:
>I have a 2 hard drive system. DOS partition 'C'/Xenix on 1 drive, & DOS
>partition 'D' on the other. While I can use the 'dos*' utilities from Xenix
>to access files on 'C', I'm not sucessful in accessing files from 'D'. If
>this is commonly possible, what are the pre-requisites?

I have the 286 Xenix running on my system the same kind of configuration,
Xenix has 98.5% of Drive C (DOS get's 1.5%), and DOS has all of drive D.
I have *no* problem whatsoever in using the doscp, dosdir and other
mssy-dos like commands under xenix to get to the Dos files. Are you doing
your commands rights? The dos* commands all like to see unix '/'
instead of your dos '\' for pathnames, and you have to specify the *full*
path name "C:/dos/fname.123" (no wild-carding allowed :-( so if you're copying
a lot of files over you'll need to cook up a script which repeats the same
commands for the different files.)

Hope this helps....

BTW - which rev. of 286 Xenix are you running?

|Timothy D. Kuehn				       timk at egvideo           |
|TDK Consulting Services			       !watmath!egvideo!timk  |
|871 Victoria St. North, Suite 217A					      |
|Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2B 3S4 		       (519)-741-3623 	      |
|DOS/Xenix - SW/HW. uC, uP, DBMS. 		       Guaranteed Work 100%   |