Keyboard trouble with VPIX 1.1.0

Greg Wettstein NU013809 at NDSUVM1.BITNET
Wed Jul 12 02:06:10 AEST 1989

I have VPIX 1.1.0 running under a 2.3.1 kernel and have noted a problem with
what appears to be the buffering of keystrokes.  The problem is reproducible
when I run the Shareware editor QEDIT under VPIX.  Occassionaly when I press
a key the application (editor) does not appear to receive the keystroke until
I press the next key.  As you can imagine this becomes somewhat frustrating
after a period of time.

I have heard this problem mentioned on the net before but as of yet have heard
no verification of the problem or a possible workaround.  Does anybody on the
net know what is going on?

I am running with an ALR 386/220 with 2 meg of memory very lightly loaded, i.e.
nothing else except a couple of getty's, cron, update and the swapper running.
I know that 2 meg of memory is marginal for VPIX, will the problem ameliorate
itself with more memory?  Either e-mail or a posting to the net would be
satisfactory.  Thanks in advance for any possible information.

                                       As always,
                                       G.W. Wettstein
                                       NU013809 at NDSUVM1