XENIX 2.3.2 and cron

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Sun Jul 16 10:03:45 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jul14.142929.22430 at berner.uucp>, richard at berner.uucp (r) writes:
> In article <104 at ssc.UUCP> fyl at ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
> >On a XENIX 386 Release 2.3.2 system we have a situation where
> >the cron process is started but it never executes.  If you kill it
> >and start another one, all is well.
>
> I have had that same problem here on our 2.3.2 machine as well ever

I suppose if I post the question I should also post the answer.
We moved /usr/spool to a mountable filesystem.  Cron is started in
/etc/rc.d/2/ and file systems are mounted in /etc/rc.d/3/
And, of course, cron mucks with this /usr/spool/cron.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    amc-gw!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl