XENIX 2.3.2 and cron

r richard at berner.uucp
Sat Jul 15 00:29:29 AEST 1989

In article <104 at ssc.UUCP> fyl at ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
>On a XENIX 386 Release 2.3.2 system we have a situation where
>the cron process is started but it never executes.  If you kill it
>and start another one, all is well.
>
>I remember a discussion of this some time ago but as I remember the
>case was that if there was nothing to schedule for a long time it
>would never run.  We have stuff scheduled at least every half hour.
>
>Any ideas?

I have had that same problem here on our 2.3.2 machine as well ever
since we upgraded to 2.3.2.  When we reboot the machine, cron must
be killed and restarted every time, or it will just sit in memory
and never execute. It's just one of those things I have learned to
live with, but it is still a pain.