duplicate L.sys entries

barton barton at holston.UUCP
Sun Jul 2 03:24:34 AEST 1989

I am running SCO 2.2.1 (286) and here's what I would like to do:

I would like uucp to detect that my 2400b is busy and rotate to
my 1200b which is on a different physical line.

The problem is that when I put 2 entries in my L.sys file for the
same system, each w/different baud rates, uucp only sees the 1st
entry and fails w/line in use error, totally ignoring the 2nd
entry!

I find it hard to believe that you can only have one baud rate/phys
line defined per system. Surely you should be able to configure
a second line to be tried in the event the first was busy (on either
end of the connection).

Please reply email or post to comp.unix.xenix. All appreciated.

--
Barton A. Fisk          | UUCP: {texbell,uunet}!warble!holston!barton
PO Box 1781             | DOMAIN: barton at holston