Scanners and XENIX

Axel Fischer fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Sun Jul 30 01:27:21 AEST 1989

In article <229 at holmes.home.nwu.edu> matt at holmes.home.nwu.edu (Matthew Larson) writes:
>2. If scanning software is not available under XENIX, I'm willing to try to
>run HP's software under VPix or Dos Merge.  HP tells me that their software
>runs under Microsoft Windows/286.  Is Windows well-behaved enough to run under
>either of these two packages?  Has anyone even tried HP's software running DOS
>under XENIX?

I don't know of any support for the HP Scanner ( I use it at work too)
but I know for sure that you can't run any 286 programs under VP/ix.

If the scannersoftware runs under Windows/86 (I can't remember) you might be
lucky.

-Axel

--
Domain:        fischer at netmbx.UUCP
Europe:        ...!tmpmbx!netmbx!fischer