ESDI DRIVES, Help Needed??

Mark Gregson vortex at charlie.OZ
Sat Jul 8 19:28:39 AEST 1989

	I am considering purchasing an 80386 machine with the
	idea of running 386 Xenix on it.
	I am also considering the installation of an ESDI hard
	disk into this unit.
	What I would like to know is if anyone can give me some
	help in selecting a good controller card for this purpose.
	I would like to buy a Western Digital controller, mainly
	because I think they are a good quality product. Could
	someone who has had experience in this topic please
	advise me as to what model of WD controller I should use
	for use under Xenix and on a machine that does not support
	the ESDI drive in it BIOS. I have heard there are some
	controllers that will do a type of conversion if the
	machine doesn't support an ESDI drive. I will be using a
	Control Data ESDI drive, around the 100 to 200 MegaByte.

	Regards, Mark Gregson