vt220 on Xenix

G. Simon Gales simon at ms.uky.edu
Fri Aug 3 14:00:13 AEST 1990

Am trying to install a vt220 on our Xenix system, but got hung up on
a few things.

First off, this critter has a backspace key that send a del, instead of
a bs (ascii 127 instead of 8).  It is not re-programmable.  And Xenix
sees a del as the interrupt character by default.  I can do:
	stty intr ^C
	stty erase ^?
Now the backspace key works, logically, but it does not move on the screen,
not do characters disappear.  This can be fixed with a:
	stty echoe

The problem?  How do I set these things in gettydefs, so that backspace is
usable while logging in, or at least get them set automatically after login?
Many users will be using the terminal, so the method must key in on the
port name.

Thanks in advance for any helpful or creative sugestions...

--
               Simon Gales at The University of Kentucky
   simon at ms.uky.edu    simon at UKMA.BITNET   {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon

 Power is danger.  -- The Centurion, "Balance of Terror," stardate 1709.2.