vt220 on Xenix

Jan S{ll jan at unikla.ASK.SE
Sun Aug 5 20:51:03 AEST 1990

In article <15754 at s.ms.uky.edu>, simon at ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:
> Am trying to install a vt220...
> [things deleted]
> 	stty intr ^C
> 	stty erase ^?

You can set these instructions in the file /etc/profile. The standard way
on Xenix is that all Users have one own .profile with instructions that
sets (or ask) for terminal type and so on.

This is a waist of diskspace (and time if anything is altered). I prefer
that all standard setups are done in /etc/profile, so that I (as an system
administrator) can easy change things for all.

If you are using csh as shell you can do the same thing with the 'source'
command in everybodys .login file.

!   Administration & Systemkonsult AB  !
!   Att: Jan Saell                     !
!   Box 59, S-692 21 KUMLA, SWEDEN     !
!   Tel: 019-825 15  Int +46-19 825 15 !
!   Internet: jan at ask.se               !