CMS Jumbo tape drive and 2.3.2

Super user root at herctec.UUCP
Fri Aug 10 12:41:44 AEST 1990

	My setup:

	Xenix 286 2.3.2, Update level R

	My problem:  I just installed a Colorado Memory Systems "Jumbo"
mini tape drive that attaches to my floppy controller.  I installed this
in a DOS machine and it worked beautifully.  Soooo, I thought I'd put it
in my Xenix box and do that yearly backup I've always been meaning to
get around to...

	Followed everything by the book (several times), but "format
/dev/rctmini" pauses for a few seconds, then spins the floppy drive,
then eventually comes back with "can't open /dev/rctmini."

	Is there something about the CMS mini drive that I should know?
I couldn't find a comprehensive list of supported tape drives in the
Xenix documentation...

	Anybody?

--
=====  Dylan Rhodes: Tech Support Manager, Hercules Computer Technology  ======
  Voice: 415-540-6000  BBS: 415-540-0621  uucp: hoptoad!asylum!herctec!shark