&^$^%$#$%R&* SCO MAIL SYSTEM!!! (was Re: Test - Can you read me??)

Brain in Neutral bin at primate.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:41:12 AEST 1990

>From article <366 at tygra.UUCP>, by cat at tygra.UUCP (CAT-TALK Maint. Account):
> OK, sorry about that - everyone please STOP sending replies!!!! The problem
> lies with UUNET not peeling off the "tygra.ddmi.com" before it sends the
> message to tygra. I tried to get the UUNET postmaster to fix it but he
> doesn't seem to be able to do it. Problem is that the brain-dead mailer
> that comes with SCO Xenix 2.3.2 (what mailer??) has no way of specifying:

You're trying to blame uunet for an administrative problem local to
your host, something over which uunet has, presumably, no control.  uunet
shouldn't be hacking your mail addresses for you, anyway; you should.
Whether you like the SCO mailer or not (or perhaps the issue is whether
you understand it or not), uunet isn't the source of the problem.  Either
the mailer on tygra is, or its documentation (...or you are, possibly, which
is no slur on you.  Mailers aren't generally noted for wonderful docs when
it comes to configuring them...but people that run them *are* responsible
to look through what's there)

Paul DuBois
dubois at primate.wisc.edu