man page system for SCO Xenix

Super user root at herctec.UUCP
Tue Aug 14 02:19:28 AEST 1990

In article <90224.143130NEASE at MAINE.BITNET> NEASE at MAINE.BITNET writes:
>A client of mine has SCO Xenix 2.3.2 on a 386.  I'm used to BSD and its
>man page setup, instead of the skimpy help system on Xenix.  I tried talking
>to sales-types at SCO about a man page system.  Some of them thought that
>maybe the text processing package *might* have the man page support, others
>weren't sure.  Upgrading to SCO Unix 3.2 simply to get man pages is not
>an option.
>
>Does anybody know which, if any, SCO product for Xenix has the man support?
[...]
>   Reid M. Pinchback

	I may be naive on this subject, but for my Xenix 2.3.2 setup,
getting the man pages for everything was a matter of inserting the
disk labelled "On-Line Manual Pages."

	It's rather strange that the SCO people didn't know what you
were talking about.  Either (a) they're clueless, (b) what I have here
was only released on a limited basis (granted, the majority of Xenix
systems I've been on have no man pages installed), or (c) I'm just
imagining things!

	BTW, I have man pages on the text processing system, as well as
the development system and all the basics, like the "ls" command and
uucp...

--
=====  Dylan Rhodes: Tech Support Manager, Hercules Computer Technology  ======
  Voice: 415-540-6000  BBS: 415-540-0621  uucp: hoptoad!asylum!herctec!shark