Xenix installation failed at "L" test

Devon Tuck tuck at iris.ucdavis.edu
Thu Aug 16 07:01:23 AEST 1990

We have a 386/33 IBM Compatable that we are trying to install Xenix on.  We
put the N1 disk in, and press "return" at the "boot:" prompt, the devices
are displayed, and then we get as far as the L5 test in the boot process
until the system {reboots itself.

What is the L test?  Has anyone else had this problem?  We started out with
a new Genoa Super-VGA card, then swapped it with a straight IBM-EGA card,
and we have no network card, just an Archive QIC-02 tape drive, and a ESDI
380 meg hard drive, a 1.2, a 1.44 and that's it.

Thanks!
	Devon
	tuck at iris.ucdavis.edu