Xenix installation failed at "L" test

Brent A. Leever bal at gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM
Fri Aug 17 09:10:48 AEST 1990

In article <15823 at s.ms.uky.edu> simon at ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:
>About these diagnostic routines, I've seen mention of A-S, there are probably
>more.  How about a complete list of what these are?  Would help a lot here,

This info. would help me out as well.

My installation fails at the 'D2' test.  Does anybody happen to know
what this means ?  By failure, I mean I get the copyright screen with
the start of a hardware inventory  - it acknowledges the presence of a
fpu, and two floppies ( 1.44, 1.2 ) - then 'D2' is displayed and nothing
else happens.  I'm guessing we have a problem with my hard disk ?

I've got an EVEREX step 20 w/ a 154 MB Micropolis ESDI drive.  1249
cyls, 7 heads, 36 sect/track .    Also a WD8003, and  an everex floppy
tape, perhaps xenix install has a problem w/ the tape hw ?  Anyway, I have no
clues.  Thanks for your help.
--
Brent Leever <bal at gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM> -or- <...!tektronix!gvgpsa!gvgspd!bal>