hardware question for Xenix/386

Nhan Tran tran at peora.ccur.com
Wed Aug 1 02:29:02 AEST 1990

I haven't use Xenix/386 yet but going through these news groups about xenix,
unix.questions I saw a lot of problem posed, question asked about BIOS,
hard disk controller, video problem, etc...  I didn't pay much attention then.
But now, since I want to set up Xenix/386 on my PC, I have to find out about
these stuff.

My PC has not materialize yet because I know Xenix/386 will not run on just
any machine.  I appreciate if any of you can give me short answers on these
question:

   1. Xenix/386 work with which BIOS chip (Phoenix, Award, etc..)
   2. Xenix/386 work with which hard disk (MFM, RLL, ESDI, etc..)
   3. Xenix/386 work with which video     (mono, Hercule, CGA, EGA, VGA, etc..)

I know these questions have been answered before.  But you can never find them
when you need them.  To avoid redundant replies and also to benefit all who
have the same questions, please post.

Thank you.

              /_/________/ /        uucp:     ..!{uiucuxc,masscomp}!peora!tran
   Concurrent  /__________/         Internet: tran at peora.sdc.ccur.com
Computer Corporation                (407) 850-1040 ext 41