scsi controllers for xenix?

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Sun Aug 5 02:28:10 AEST 1990

In article <4945 at infmx.UUCP> markj at infmx.UUCP (Mark Jeske) writes:
>I'm upgrading my system with a scsi drive, and am wondering if
>there are any scsi controllers that will work with the standard
>2.3.2AT release?
>
>Also, what scsi controllers does sco UNIX support?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark Jeske
>markj at infmx.com

The Adaptec 1540 and 1542 controllers are supported by SCO.  I
have been using them for two years with no problems.

I have also used a DTC controller, but this requires not only
that you have the GT version of Xenix, but that you either have a
non-scsi hard disk on the system, or another system with Xenix
running that you can use to make a new N1 disk with the DTC
drivers, neither is a particularly useful option for the average
user :-(

On another note, I have heard that Adaptec has a new set of
drivers for Xenix that are much faster and support additional
devices.  Can anyone in SCO Support say when these will be
released?

--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way