HiRes VGA Sleuthing

St. Looney Up the Cream Bun and Jam murray at npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM
Fri Aug 17 02:22:06 AEST 1990

Hello folks. I'm soon to inherit a Genoa SuperVGA graphics card for my 386
running Open Desktop (the current graphics card is an ATI VGA1024). Problem
is, there is no 1024x768 mode selectable for this board from the "mkdev
graphics" form, yet the installation guide mentions that the 1024x768 mode
for this board is "reported to work".

I guess my question is: Does anyone know how this is achieved and if necessary
who actually achieved this? I called Genoa Tech Support and drew a big zero.
The person I spoke to at SCO said to 'call Genoa', and so forth.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
--
+------ Mike Murray, NCR NPD, St. Paul Email: murray at StPaul.NCR.COM--+
| "If Man is 5 then The Devil is 6/ If The Devil is 6 then God is 7. |