Unresolved externals when compiling EMACS with GCC.

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Sat Aug 25 02:25:56 AEST 1990

According to ronald at robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo):
>Defining HAVE_PTYS was really useful though.  The only use I have for
>EMACS is as a window system for GDB -- I'm from the vi camp -- and M-x
>gdb is pretty hopeless without HAVE_PTYS.  Doesn't work under 2.3.1
>though.

In March 1989, I posted a pty driver for SCO Xenix.  It's different
from SCO's pty driver because it works -- it knows how to do
non-blocking reads from the master side, so it works with Emacs even
if you don't use select(). I left SCO's ptys as /dev/ttyp? and told
Emacs to use the ones that work, which I named /dev/ttyc?.

The drivers I posted should be available from comp.sources.misc
archives everwhere.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>