Unresolved externals when compiling EMACS with GCC.

Greg Wettstein NU013809 at NDSUVM1.BITNET
Sun Aug 19 08:53:25 AEST 1990

I had some free time yesterday and I decided to upgrade our version of GNU
EMACS from 18.54 to 18.55 and in the process change the compiler from the
Microsoft version to GCC which I have been using for about three months.

Everything went well until the makefile called the loader to compile temacs.
The loader chugged away for awhile and then spit out the following list
of unresolved externals and the modules they occur in.

For the life of me I can't figure out where they are coming from.  I have
searched the source code files and haven't found any references to these
variables.  I have also compiled the offending source modules with the -S
switch and searched the assemble source to find out if they are something
GCC or GAS happened to sneak in there.  I could not find any reference to
to them in the object libraries either.  I suspect that they have something
to do with floating point but I haven't a clue on how to make them go
away.  Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

___fixdfsi (fns.c)

___divsi3 (data.c indent.c cm.c term.c window.c xdisp.c scroll.c dispnew.c)

___floatsidf (fns.c)

___udivsi3 (malloc.)

___muldf3 (fns.c)

___divdf3 (fns.c)

                             As always,
                             Dr. G.W. Wettstein
                             Roger Maris Cancer Center Computing Facility

                             UUCP: uunet!plains!wind!greg
                             INTERNET: greg%wind.uucp at plains.nodak.edu
                             Phone: 701-234-2833

`The truest mark of a man's wisdom is his ability to listen to other
 men expound their wisdom.'