remapping kbd under SCO Xenix

Mr. William Palenste palenste at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Fri Aug 3 13:45:49 AEST 1990

In article <3689 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, palenste at umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Mr. William Palenste) writes:

> I would like some information about a command called "mapkey."  It is
> supposed to be an ADM command but doesn't appear in that section of my
> manual.
>
> Specifically, someone in the past remapped my keyboard.  Although I like
> some of the mappings, others I do not care for....

I've found where the mapkey man page lives.  It's in the Miscellaneous
section of the manual.  I was lead to believe that it lived in the
ADM section because if you look at keyboard(HW) it says mapkey(ADM).
Maybe I should have looked around more ( like in the permuted index )
but maybe not.  It is a typo, plain and simple, and it lead me
down the primrose path.  Anyway, for those who are interested in customizing
their console keyboard, my machine it set up like this.  In one of the rc
files the following appears:

                     mapkey /usr/local/etc/keymap

Read keyboard(HW) for more info on what the keymap file format is like
(or use /usr/lib/keyboard/keys as a template).

bill

PS One person asked me to forward what I found out to him also.  Sorry
but the mail bounced.  Hope this will do.  Although I figured it out
myself ( just a little slow ), I'd like to thank thank those who responded.