different Printers on SCO XENIX 2.3.3

Tillmann Basien tb at pemstgt.gtc.de
Thu Aug 16 01:17:08 AEST 1990

hy,
	I want to install more then one printer on SCO XENIX 2.3.3, with
	are attached to the same physikal device. On this device /dev/lp1
	is a laserprinter with manny different emulations.

	Printer 1: ibmlp	/dev/lp1
	Printer 2: hpjet	/dev/lp1
	Printer 3: doku		/dev/lp1
	Printer 4: listing	/dev/lp1

	ibmlp is a pure IBM PRO PRINTER. hpjet is a pure HP Laser Jet +
	doku will print a dokument with a left margin. Listing will print a
	source with 100 lines.

	I have set all the nessery scripts with mkdev lp. All scripts are
	working well. But now my problem:
	If two printing jobs on two different printers are started, the
	printerfiles will be send to the printer in the same time. So in
	one print are fragments for doku and for listing.

	I think I have a lineprinterspooler !!
	What must I do ? Must I write my own spooler, or must I modify my
	scripts, that on script can handle all this printertyps selected
	with -o printing option.

Thanks in advance
Tillmann
--
Dipl.Ing. Tillmann Basien                Programmentwicklung fuer Microcomputer
Vaihinger Str.49, PostBox 810165		      +49-711-713047	FAX