different Printers on SCO XENIX 2.3.3

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Fri Aug 17 02:49:25 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug15.151708.6696 at pemstgt.gtc.de>
	tb at pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:
>	hpjet is a pure HP Laser Jet +
>	doku will print a dokument with a left margin. Listing will print a
>	source with 100 lines.

Not a good idea running all these different printer queues into a single
device.  Get the "ljinit" program I posted to alt.sources a little while
back.  I call it in my hpjet script, and have it configured locally so I
can do the following things:

	lp -osletter		# use the "letter" setup, 10cpi, wide margins
	lp -oslisting		# use the "listing" setup, 80char lines
	lp -oswide		# 132 char lines
	lp -osland		# landscape printing
	lp -osenv		# envelope printing

--
Chip Rosenthal                            |  You aren't some icon carved out
chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM                  |  of soap, sent down here to clean