hardware question for Xenix/386

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sun Aug 5 04:10:21 AEST 1990

In article <4285 at peora.ccur.com> tran at peora.ccur.com (Nhan Tran) writes:

| any machine.  I appreciate if any of you can give me short answers on these
| question:
|
|    1. Xenix/386 work with which BIOS chip (Phoenix, Award, etc..)
  all of the above, AMI, etc. The BIOS is only used to boot, not to run.

|    2. Xenix/386 work with which hard disk (MFM, RLL, ESDI, etc..)
  all of the above. You need a special (GT) version of SCO stuff for
SCSI.

|    3. Xenix/386 work with which video     (mono, Hercule, CGA, EGA, VGA, etc..)
  All of the aboue, VGA recomended for X and CGI, all work 80x25.

  Short answers.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX