Trouble compiling TeX on SCO XENIX

Kevin Dooley dooley at physics.utoronto.ca
Thu May 3 02:16:16 AEST 1990

I am trying to get a full implementation of TeX running on an
SCO XENIX 2.3 386 machine.  I fixed the few obvious problems
of file name length limits and the few include file differences
which the compiler choked on, but I still get this sort of error.
Can anybody offer any assistance?

	../texware/tangle tex.web ctex.ch
This is TANGLE, C Version 2.9
*1*9*10
! Change file entry did not match. (change file l.109)
@d init== {change this to `$\\{init}\equiv\.{@@\{}$' in the production version}

Writing the output file
! Not present: <Compiler directives>. (l.1)
{4:}...
! Not present: <Constants in the outer block>. (l.1)
{4:}program TEX;const...
! Not present: <Types in the outer block>. (l.1)
{4:}program TEX;const type...
! Not present: <Global variables>. (l.1)
{4:}program TEX;const type var...
! Not present: <Local variables for initialization>. (l.1)
{4:}program TEX;const type var procedure initialize;var...
! Not present: <Initialize whatever \TeX\ might access>. (l.1)
{4:}program TEX;const type var procedure initialize;var begin...
! Not present: <Basic printing procedures>. (l.1)
{4:}program TEX;const type var procedure initialize;var begin end;...
! Not present: <Error handling procedures>. (l.1)
{4:}program TEX;const type var procedure initialize;var begin end;... *** Termination code 139

--
 Kevin Dooley         UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!dooley
 Physics Dept.        BITNET - dooley at utorphys
 U. of Toronto        INTERNET - dooley at helios.physics.utoronto.ca