Trouble compiling TeX on SCO XENIX

J.T. Conklin jtc at van-bc.UUCP
Thu May 3 05:38:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990May2.121616.22111 at helios.physics.utoronto.ca> dooley at physics.utoronto.ca (Kevin Dooley) writes:
>I am trying to get a full implementation of TeX running on an
>SCO XENIX 2.3 386 machine.  I fixed the few obvious problems
>of file name length limits and the few include file differences
>which the compiler choked on, but I still get this sort of error.
>Can anybody offer any assistance?
>
>	../texware/tangle tex.web ctex.ch

Tangle tickles a compiler bug in the Xenix C compiler.  When I first
brought up TeX under Xenix, I had to compile tangle on a SCO Unix box.

If you do this, the standard Xenix Development System will be able to
compile TeX and METAFONT.  They seems to run ok, but TeX does not pass
the TRIP test and METAFONT does not pass the TRAP test.

I have since recompiled TeX and METAFONT with GCC; everything works
fine now.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin	UniFax Communications Inc.