Porting GDB to Xenix 386 2.2

Steve Bleazard steve at robobar.co.uk
Thu May 24 18:17:17 AEST 1990

In article <1990May23..11222 at rdk386.uucp> ron at rdk386.UUCP (Ron Kuris) writes:
>I haven't tried Steve's gdb yet (will someone offer to send binaries?  I'm
>real tight on space!).

To Ron: (Sorry about this, mail to Ron keeps bouncing)

  If you email me / include in your .signature your SnailMail address I'll
  send you a binary distribution.

End To Ron

> Does it read the "standard" symbol table which
>cc generates WITHOUT the -g option?  That would be adequate for me too.
>The problem I have is every now and then a system utility or someone elses
>software (e.g. some database package) is not "stripped" and you can at least
>set some breakpoints, do some disassembly, or read core files and get
>stack traces, to try and diagnose the problem yourself.

The symbol table is read, but it appears to be discarded when no dbx symbols
are found.  I'll look at this when I get some time.  I use adb myself :-)

>  Not EVERYONE is
>using gcc yet :-(.

See first comment :-)

Steve

--
Steve.Bleazard at RoboBar.Co.Uk        | Phone:  +44 81 991 1142 x153
Snr Software Engineer, Robobar Ltd. | Fax:    +44 81 998 8343 (G3)