Looking for help with fox and sco

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Tue May 8 10:55:09 AEST 1990

In article <144100012 at cdp> mgraham at cdp.UUCP writes:

>I am using SCO's foxbase software.  About a year ago I started asking
>SCO if/when they would put a switch in it to allow users to turn off
>the copyright screen every time the prog. gets launched (this after
>trying hard to edit it out or otherwise get rid of it! :-)   ).  Once
>again I am trying to get rid of that blasted copyright/serial # screen
>and am not getting very far.

Surely you realize that you violate copyright by removing the copyright
notice? This is basic to copyright law - to get copyright protection,
you have to display a copyright message.

>The SCO sales people tell me that they do not have access to the technical
>folks at SCO who may know the answer. They say that I should buy a support
>contract to talk with the tech. folks myself.  I say that this is an
>outstanding ?ion I first raised when I was within my initial 30-days
>free support period AND that I am considering buying more copies of the
>product if I can get the answer/fix I am looking for on this point.

Display of the copyright message is required both to protect
our copyrights and those of Fox Software. This is not a technical
question. Of course it is technically feasible, but that doesn't
mean that SCO would do it. Of course, I don't speak for SCO on
these issues, but this seems pretty clear.

Roger Knopf
SCO Consulting Services
--

"His potential clients were always giving him the business."
	--Robert Thornton