Xenix 386 GCC: an interim patch.

Steve Bleazard steve at robobar.co.uk
Tue May 8 19:41:00 AEST 1990

In article <1990May1.172424.9185 at robobar.co.uk> I wrote:
> +
> +         o  added optional support for Microsoft's #pragma pack()
> +            hack.  This enables people compile GNU Make, my ranlib(CP) and
> +            Ron Kuris's GDB port with GCC.  This is switched on by default,
> +            but can be disabled by removing #define PRAGMA_PACK from
> +            tm-xenix386.h.  This modification will in any case not take effect
> +            until the first #pragma pack() is seen in any one source file.
> +            A program to test this "feature" called  packtest.c is included
> +            Check its leading comment for instructions.
> +
> +            When compiled in, it will identify its presence in the cc1 -version
> +            output string.

Unfortunately, due to the order in which the configuration files are included,
the #pragma pack() identification is left out of the cc1 -version output
string.  The other changes are unaffected by this error.

Steve.
--
Steve.Bleazard at RoboBar.Co.Uk        | Phone:  +44 81 991 1142 x153
Snr Software Engineer, Robobar Ltd. | Fax:    +44 81 998 8343 (G3)