help with xenixconf; easy solution

Richard Goerwitz goer at sophist.uucp
Tue May 8 15:23:04 AEST 1990

Could someone perhaps take a moment out to send me a copy of
his or here /usr/sys/conf/xenixconf file?  An archived copy
of mine is corrupt - one which I wanted to restore.  I do not
think that reconstructing it will be too hard, but I need an
exemplar.

I don't really care where it comes from, but it might be nice
if we have similar systems - 8 megabyte 386 box running Xenix
2.3.2 (actually 2.3.3, with the VP/ix stuff and a mouse, two
floppys and a fixed disc running off a WD1007 ESDI controller).
I've reconstructed most of it already, just by using the cor-
rupt file, and then filling in the info that's bad or missing
by grepping through /usr/sys/conf/master and putting it into
the correct format.  Still, as I said above, an exemplar would
help.

Anyway, please take a moment out, if you feel a burst of charity
coming on, and mail me a copy of your /usr/sys/conf/xenixconf
file.  It WILL help.

   -Richard L. Goerwitz              goer%sophist at uchicago.bitnet
   goer at sophist.uchicago.edu         rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer