Backing Up My Xenix Distribution Disks

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Thu May 3 18:48:00 AEST 1990

In article <1204 at chinacat.Unicom.COM> chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
> Be careful.  Newer versions of DISKCOPY insist that the disk look like a
> DOS disk.  I suggested diskcp(C) to Jim in email.

As I did earlier (isn't net.latency annoying?  :-( ) The other thing I
always suggest is to format the media with dosformat(C) instead of
format(C) since older versions of format don't have the -v option, which
makes them just a little worthless to call directly.

Did someone say Preformatted Media ? You mean you TRUST them for BACKUPS
of you ONLY set of distribution media ? Ha!

--
Eunet: Ronald.Khoo at robobar.Co.Uk   Phone: +44 1 991 1142    Fax: +44 1 998 8343
Paper: Robobar Ltd. 22 Wadsworth Road, Perivale, Middx., UB6 7JD ENGLAND.