Backing Up My Xenix Distribution Disks

Frank I. Reiter frank at rsoft.bc.ca
Fri May 4 03:06:26 AEST 1990

In article <2710 at promark.UUCP> mark at promark.UUCP (Mark J. DeFilippis) writes:
>This is one of the major differences between PCDOS software and the Unix/Xenix
>world.  You are licensed the software in such a way so that if a diskette
>went bad, or you had a fire, or the dog ate them.   you call SCO, and for
>a small media charge they send you a new set of disks.

Not any more.  We misplaced our development disks a short while ago and I
called SCO to see about getting a replacement set.  I was told that as of a
few weeks ago they will no longer replace your media for $50 or whatever it
used to cost.  The best they offered me was to sell me a new package at half
price.

I am becoming more and more dis-illusioned with a company I used to recommend
enthusiastically.  (If this new policy has been revoked I'd sure like to hear
about it.)