Backing Up My Xenix Distribution Disks

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Thu May 3 03:10:47 AEST 1990

In article <511648 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>In article <2479 at crash.cts.com>, jburnes at crash.cts.com (Jim Burnes) writes:
>> I just got Xenix386 and would like to know the easiest way to backup my
>> distribution diskettes.  I dont want to go through makeing a file system
>> and then do recursive directory copies, if that what it entails.

>Use diskcopy supplied with your copy of DOS to copy the distribution
>disks.

Diskcopy used to work on the old uPort release, but not on the later ones.  I
haven't tried that under xenix because it is so easy the copy media routines
in the system.

Just fire up the sysadm shell, go to media, go to duplicate.

It reads the disk into a file, you don't have to do it, and it lets you make
as many as you want before reloading the next source.

                      : bill at bilver.UUCP