Backing Up My Xenix Distribution Disks

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Thu May 3 04:16:05 AEST 1990

chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>In article <511648 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>In article <2479 at crash.cts.com>, jburnes at crash.cts.com (Jim Burnes) writes:
>>> [What is] the easiest way to backup my distribution diskettes[?]
>>Use diskcopy supplied with your copy of DOS
>
>Be careful.  Newer versions of DISKCOPY insist that the disk look like a
>DOS disk.  I suggested diskcp(C) to Jim in email.
>
>BTW...I know this because this question came up about a year back, and I
>was the guy who said "use DISKCOPY" then.

MS and PC-DOS 3.30 doesn't care that it's a DOS file system or not.  I use
DOS 3.30 diskcopy to copy anything that isn't copy protected.  Diskcomp can be
used to verify the process as well.  SCO distribution and Minix distribution
disks are very happy with being duplicated under DOS 3.30 diskcopy.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | Xenix is the ONLY thing
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | Microsoft did right.
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca