Multiport Serial Boards...

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Fri May 4 00:43:40 AEST 1990

In article <2494 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>>In article <2436 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>>>I would like some in depth information on multiport serial boards.  The system
>>>that will use this board will be either a Kaypro 286i under SCO Xenix 286 or
>>>a 386SX running SCO Xenix 386 or ESIX.  The three boards that I'm aware of are

>Maybe I should add an extra constraint that I neglected, the board has to
>support hardware flow control.  You need that if you're going to hang a US
>Robotics HST or Dual Standard HST and have things run smoothly.

You might want to look into the Anvil Onboard (succsessor to the Stallion).
With flow control on 38k terminals are running flawlessly.  Using only
x-on/x-off at those speeds, some brands of terminals worked, others wouldn't.

Don't know you price contraints but if you find a hungry dealer you should be
able to get the Anvils for under $1000 for 12 ports.

                      : bill at bilver.UUCP