Foxbase - printing to a file

John Pearce jmp%sfs at usource.SARASOTA.FL.US
Tue May 8 03:43:01 AEST 1990

Following is a query posted in CompuServe's FOXFORUM.  I am
reposting it here for John Pearce <jmp%sfs at usource.SARASOTA.FL.US>.

#: 11610 S3/FoxBASE+
    06-May-90  19:37:49
Sb: Report output to file ??
Fm: John Pearce 75130,2716
To: all

I have been unsuccessful in persuading SCO Foxbase + (Xenix) to send
report output to a file, rather than to the printer or screen. (Foxbase's
own report writer will do so, but I am working with reports written
outside Foxbase)

In each case, as soon as the program tries to write to the disk, I receive
the reply "unknown error message 508."  That message number is not one
covered in the manual.

The help screen says the proper way to do this is "set printer to
<filename>,"  followed by "set printer on," which is exactly what I am
trying to do.

John M. Pearce  (813) 955-2202