Font formats fo DEC LN01 laser printer

Jerry Leichter leichter at yale-com.UUCP
Tue Oct 25 23:15:47 AEST 1983

It was my understanding that the LN01 was to be released in two "phases".
The first phase was as a line printer replacement:  Fixed text fonts, fixed
line-printer-like interface.  The second phase would support graphics, multi-
ple fonts, etc.  As I understand it, the printer itself won't change - what
is missing is host support (in VMS) and documentation.  It sounds as if the
manual you have, which mentions the font-loading escape sequence but gives
no information about how to use it, is a "phase 1" document into which a little
"phase 2" information slipped.  You might want to ask your DEC salesman whether
additional information is available yet.
							-- Jerry