problems with restor

reece%nadc at sri-unix.UUCP reece%nadc at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu Jan 12 14:18:26 AEST 1984

We recently ran into what looks like a bug but I've not seen anyone mention it.
I thought someone might recognize it:

We have multi-volume dumps which we need to occasionally do restores of
one or two files. When the file(s) are on the first volume it does it OK,
but when they are on any of the other volumes, the program seems to just
quit. We mount the first tape and do a "restor -x"; the program says that
the file is not on that volume and to mount another volume. We mount the
second (or third) tape and give "restor" the appropriate volume number.
Restor seems to read a block or two off the tape then quit. Also, are
you supposed to be able to do a dumpdir on all volumes of a multi-level
dump or just the first? The first is all we can do one on.

Thanks for any help or enlightenment.

Jim Reece
REECE at NADC