Gould Computers and UNIX

M.SAMUELS samuels at houxz.UUCP
Mon May 21 04:11:28 AEST 1984

I am looking into purchasing a CONCEPT 32/97 Computer -
about $600,000 fully loaded for simulation use.  Gould has
it's own MPX-32 Operating System that is supposedly optimized
for Fortran simulation programs.  It has a "UNIX workbench"
with about 40 "of the most useful" UNIX commands, though it
uses "ex" rather than "vi" or "nvi" as the editor.  Does
anyone have any experience and/or comments about this?

					Mike Samuels
					AT&T Bell Laboratories
					Room 4H202
					Holmdel, New Jersey 07733
					(201) 949-6602
					houxz!samuels

P.S. - One comment I would appreciate is another newsgroup that
might be more appropriate to Fortran simulation on a mini- or
mainframe computer.