Help needed with tset/termcap

Steve Weil weil at dataio.UUCP
Thu May 31 06:12:00 AEST 1984

I have been developing a new termcap entry for personal use in a file
in my own directory and have had confusing results.
What are the correct lines in .login to do the following:
1) Assume a default terminal type described in my file.
2) Give me a chance to override this with a terminal described in /etc/termcap
3) Do a tset and stuff the termcap entry itself into my environment.
I have had this problem both on V7 on a 68000 (Unisoft) and now
on a VAX 750 running 4.2 .

Thanks very much,	Steve Weil	Data I/O
ucbvax!lbl-unix!uw-beaver!teltone!dataio!weil