Re<; csh quoting *please - no more mail!!!*

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.UUCP
Sun May 13 10:23:35 AEST 1984

   Ok, so I forgot to make my point. Everyone has a bad day. My *real*
   point was not that there was a bug in csh but that the K&P book does
   not specify which flavors of UNIX or which shells the examples
   pertain to....

The K&P book does not specify which shell the examples pertain to for
the same reason that it does not specify which version of ASCII the
example pertain to:  there is a well-known standard which people are
supposed to know about.

In areas which are much less standardized, like erase/kill characters
and the output of df(1), K&P is generally fairly careful to point out
possible system-to-system variations.
--
				Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology