license questions

Phil Ngai phil at amd70.UUCP
Tue May 8 15:54:42 AEST 1984

Ok, so we paid our $43,000 for a System V source license (ouch!).
And sent UCB $750 and got our 780 up. Now we're going to pay another
$23,000 (or whatever) for a second cpu System V source license (ouch again)
for our 750. Do we need to send UCB another $750? I hate reading contracts.

I also seem to recall hearing how applications written with YACC included
Unix code (in libraries?) and had to be licensed but I forget the details.
Could someone refresh my memory?

--
Phil Ngai (408) 988-7777 {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra,intelca}!amd70!phil