Where now for Unix license??

jab at uokvax.UUCP jab at uokvax.UUCP
Fri Nov 9 11:46:00 AEST 1984

/***** uokvax:net.unix / sri-arpa!ARPA / 10:22 am  Nov  3, 1984 */
Could someone please mail me a name and telephone number for the people
who are presently handling Unix licensing for colleges?
/* ---------- */
I'm posting this because it's being asked a lot.

The AT&T licensing folks operate out of North Carolina; their phone
number is (800) 828-UNIX. This is the same number for colleges, commercial
interprizes, everyone.

I believe that this number is manned (quite a strange term, since a
very polite lady named "Lynn" usually answers it for me) from 8AM to
5PM, Eastern time.

	Jeff Bowles
	Lisle, IL

"Unix is a trademark of AT&T Bell Labs", which makes "828-UNIX" a
kinda weird thing: your phone doesn't have a "TM" button :-) :-)