BLTJ special UNIX issue

John P. Linderman jpl at allegra.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 08:53:43 AEST 1984

I don't think there is any prohibition about posting the
table of contents.  [I'll find out if there is.]
With apologies in advance for any typos I may introduce,
and in a format designed to minimize lines at some loss of
clarity, it looks like:

Page	Author(s) - Title
1571	R. L. Martin - Preface
1573	A. V. Aho - Foreword
1577	D. M. Ritchie - The Evolution of the UNIX Time-sharing System
1595	R. Pike & B. W. Kernighan - Program Design in the UNIX System
	    Environment
1607	R. Pike - The Blit: A Multiplexed Graphics Terminal
1633	T. Cargill - Debugging C Programs With the Blit
1649	F. T. Grampp & R. H. Morris - UNIX Operating System Security
1673	J. A. Reeds & P. J. Weinberger - File Security and the UNIX
	    System Crypt Command
1685	L. Rosler - The Evolution of C - Past and Future
1701	B. Stroustrup - Data Abstraction in C
1733	M. J. Bach & S. J. Buroff - Multiprocessor UNIX Systems
1751	W. A. Felton, G. L. Miller & J. M. Milner - A UNIX System
	    Implementation for System/370
1769	D. E. Bodenstab, T. F. Houghton, K. A. Kelleman, G. Ronkin
	    & E. P. Schan - UNIX Operating System Porting Experiences
1791	J. Feder - The Evolution of UNIX System Performance
1815	P. J. Weinberger - Cheap Dynamic Instruction Counting
1827	J. P. Linderman - Theory and Practice in the Construction of a
	    Working Sort Routine
1845	G. J. Henry - The Fair Share Scheduler
1859	M. J. Fitton, C. J. Harkness, K. A. Kelleman, P. F. Long
	    & C. Mee III - The Virtual Protocol Machine
1877	T. E. Fritz, J. E. Hefner & T. M. Raleigh - A Network of
	    Computers Running the UNIX System
1897	D. M. Ritchie - A Stream Input-Output System

I called the circulation desk last week, and asked how one should go
about ordering single issues.  I was told that AT&T people should
submit a purchase order, and outside people should call (800) 432-6600.
Both should mention "select code 500-477".  I have attempted to
transcribe the phone number and select code as they were told to me,
but I cannot be certain the information was correct to begin with.
If anyone has trouble, please post a followup message.  Don't call me.

John P. Linderman  Contents of Tables and Tables of Contents Department
allegra!jpl