Need uucp for Hayes dialer

Jim Rosenberg jr at wlcrjs.UUCP
Mon Nov 26 05:34:09 AEST 1984

What is the fanciest version of uucp that is public domain?  I have a problem
with uucico on my system (Venix 86 on an IBM PC) and have no source license.
When dialing some telephone numbers (Hayes-compatible auto-dialer) the call
can take just long enough to complete that uucico times out.  Just as the
connect is about to be established, uucico goes on to the next entry in the
expect/send sequence and sends a linefeed to the ACU.  Alas, for a Hayes type
modem this aborts the dial.  I've heard of versions of uucp that allow an
escape sequence in the expect/send squence to defeat this, but I don't think
that works on my system.  I'd like a version of uucp to hack to allow the
Hayes to do the autodial safely.  Is there a version of uucp that some kind
soul might be good enough to post to net.sources?

 -Thanks!
 Jim Rosenberg
 decvax!idis!pitt!amanuen!jr