M11 macro 11 assembler

tcs%usna.uucp at BRL-BMD.ARPA tcs%usna.uucp at BRL-BMD.ARPA
Thu Oct 4 07:32:43 AEST 1984

Has anyone used the m11 and l11 macro 11 assembler and
linker distributed with 2.9?  I'd like to switch an assembly
language programming class from an RT11 emulator to m11.
1)  Is there a manual page for l11?
2)  What is the system macro library named 'at.sml' in
	/usr/src/ucb/m11?
3)  Does the linker (l11) know about syslib.obj?  Where should
	syslib.obj be installed?  I've grep'ed
	for syslib in the linker sources and it's not there.  I
	havn't gotten to the point of looking at its code
	since the problem in #4 below has me stopped.
4)  Why does the directive .MCALL not work?  I've installed
	sysmac.sml in /usr/lib.  It seems as if m11 thinks
	the .MCALL is a macro, not a directive.  I've tried
	both upper and lower case.

Any help would be much appreciated.  The class will be starting
real programming in another one or two weeks so I'm a bit
pressed for time.  Thanks,
	-tcs
	Terry Slattery	  U.S. Naval Academy	301-267-4413
	ARPA: tcs at brl-bmd     UUCP: decvax!brl-bmd!usna!tcs